Friday, November 26, 2010

Method Mom!

Lately we have had to find a way to keep Micah in his room during his nap. Previously we used the plastic "Safety First" door covers. We have misplaced those in the move and had to come up with an alternative. We could have bought new ones but I am not like most mothers who like to safety lock everything in the house. Even though at times I think why didn't I just get a stupid lock.? Like on my bedroom door....... Well  Ryan and I have discovered that if we just lock the door, Micah does not unlock it. He has several times so I know that he knows how, but for some reason he won't during his nap time.











As much as this has been a simple method to keeping my 2 year old in his room during nap time. It has been a real cramp in my daily doings around the house. My  husband has decided that locking all the doors that we don't want him roaming in is a good idea. I thought "This could be good". Little did I know that my husband would remember every time he walks out of our room and also bathroom he would be locking the door.

 Lucky as we are, the south makes it way to easy to break in. We have placed a penny at the top of each of our upstairs rooms. Including our bathroom that is located in our master.
This morning as I was running up the stairs to grab something from the bathroom. I was stopped by the locked door then as I entered our room I noticed that the bathroom was locked as well. "WOW THOROUGH" Dangit...... While I was trying to find some loose change to unlock the door to the bathroom I was thinking that we are going to have to find another method or hurry little Micah out of this stage.< Or I could just surrender my pride and buy those locks.<<<Nahhh

No comments:

Post a Comment