Saturday, November 13, 2010

Merry "Cheap Tree" Christmas!

Growing up my family didn't celebrate the season with a christmas tree so we don't have tons or ornaments from a million years ago. Since my husband and I got married we have been decorating a hand me down tree. We enjoyed that tree up until last spring when our shed flooded and took the tree with it.
 For the past few years all the Wallace girls take a trip to a small town a few miles from our family farm. We usually check out what the sales are going to be the night before then we are on our way in the freezing dark before any of our Children or husbands are awake.
Last years "Black Friday" I had my BF go to the Lowe's and get a door buster! She was one of the first people there and got me that beautiful christmas tree that I had my mind set on. It was only $15, Regular price was $100, I was so excited. Well we sat that thing up last year and, what do you know that was the scraggliest tree I had ever seen. I had to add some garland to the center to make it more real.

Every year we go the day after christmas to get the best deal on all the Target goodies! I really enjoy this because I just started getting the boys a special ornament. This year the boys both had a special one. Kenan had a deep sea diving bumble bee and Micah had a snow skiing Hipo!

This year since we moved the end of October we decided to celebrate the seasons early. The boys and I went to get more Garland and lights to add to our "Beautiful" scraggly christmas tree and kenan also added his ornament to the list. He came home with a dino that is blue with purple claws. I didn't post a picture yet because the claws were broken on the way home in the bag and then Kenan was trying to cut the tag off and broke the head off. Ohhhhhhh Boy we have had fun:) Oh well Its just an ornament that we will BE glued together for another 20YEARS. Kenan won't mind but his woman might when he is trying to hang it on his Christmas tree someday. We love the holiday seasons.< Oh Ryan is the one who helps the boys hang all the ornaments on the tree. Just like his daddy!

1 comment:

  1. love it! Sounds like you guys are really getting settled in. I really miss seeing you guys! They are blessed to have you there.

    ReplyDelete