Sunday, November 14, 2010

Decades! the 70's

Church is never boring in the south! We just kicked off a Decades sermon series. This week everyone was dressed up like a hippie or something of that sort. Ryan had on some shoes that he grabbed out of a box that said (pimping Gangster) They were the coolest.... Let me tell ya. They had lion stripes air brushed on them. "Classic" The band preformed a montage of some tunes from the 70's including (Sweet Home Alabama, Jeremiah Was A Bull Frog, Its Along Way To The Top, and also American Pie.) It was something! The girls were snapping there fingers to the beat and adding little movements here and there. What guts I tell ya.< I am such a chicken I was just loving watching.

Matt (John Travolta) did a great Job with the message. He talked about Erosion of authority. It was really cool how he connected it to the decade then also talked about how this generation is one of rebellion. It is really interesting to see how the generations that we have grown up in influences us in such a huge way. I think that it is safe to say that most of us struggle with Authority and also being rebellious. I feel like an idiot saying that I have Rebellion problems, mostly because I am an adult. Since I am an adult I should have learned all the lessons of making simple mistakes and I should not have any problems submitting my will for the greater good. To bad that is so not true. Learning how to obey is a life long lesson, 26 years and I am in full swing. If I could put it into my own words what I would like to obtain. It would be obedience and knowledge and with that wisdom! I love the word Wisdom. This is not including all the other millions of things I want to gain in just one life. I know that God has got some great things for me. I know because he has brought me this far and that is FAR! I also know because I am saved by his grace I have been able to do so much more in my life that I would never have done without the freedom I have in him. <More to come on the decades. Next week is the 80's can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment