Wednesday, December 29, 2010

A life time in the Laundry.

I have been doing my laundry for as long as I can remember. My mom always had a basket for each of us and we had to make sure it was folded and then put away. I hated doing laundry then, and I still hate it. I realize "hate" is a strong word, but I think it is more then appropriate for this topic.


Since I have been married, I have been the soul laundry Lady. When we first got married I never even thought to ask Ryan to do the laundry. Then when I finally did, I changed my mind about  real quick. Not because he did a bad job or anything. It's mostly because, for so long I had a system going and when you put a new person on the line, it takes patience I didn't really care to have.

So with that, I have this one secret that has driven me nuts. To the point of just taking care of it after 7 years. Ha ha ha.  For as long as I can remember my parents had the biggest sock basket, when we were growing up. I guess when you have 20 feet to cover at one time that might be normal. But for us kids we HATED to have to sort the sock basket. It was worse then cleaning the bathroom, or the kitchen after a family meal. Which for the record took some time<.  I don't know one of my siblings that would say they enjoyed that job.

^My secret is that I myself have a sock basket. Yes history has rhymed in such an evil way with this one. We have this basket that usually has about 50 sock's at the bottom and then all freshly washed ones that Ryan will grab from the top. Over and over again.
 I force myself to go through that thing every couple weeks when the boys or I don't have any sock's.

What has been honestly refreshing is to just throw the ones that have been in there awhile away.< I feel bad saying that but It truly makes me crazy when there is a ton of sock's that no one wears in there. Like the little baby sock's. They have been cycling through that sock basket for to long. And they don't usually have a match.

As a kid when we would go on trips, my mom would always grab us a new bag of sox's. I loved that. Nothing like a brand new pair of sock's. To this day I enjoy buying them. It's just when they go through the laundry and through the sock basket with no match that I get a little nutty.

I am thankful that I am the only girl and loves to have printed sock's^ They are easy to find.....

So if you have a sock basket. Don't be afraid to toss the sock's. If you don't know what old sock's are you are either not married to a man or have some amazing beautiful feet that never sweat.  I for one don't have amazingly good smelling feet and neither do my boys!!!!

1 comment:

  1. I know what you mean about the sock basket. My parents had the same thing and I hated it too.

    ReplyDelete